Project Healing Waters
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing: (PHWFF) is a program started in 2005 at Walter Reed Medical Center to help disabled veterans heal through fly fishing. There are over 160 programs nationally in support of our veterans. Our chapter along with the Candlewood chapter has been supporting a program at the Newington VAMC since May 2012. We support a group of over 20 veterans with monthly sessions of fly tying, casting instructions and on water fishing outings. Volunteer help is always appreciated and anyone interested in supporting our program can contact Jim Iannone 860-916-8082 email@example.com. More information is also available at www.projecthealingwaters.org. FVTU is proud and honored to offer this program to veterans in the Hartford area.
- Currently we have 81 vets signed up for the program with about 20 attending monthly meetings on a regular basis
- Currently we have 75 volunteers signed up with 20 attending monthly meetings on a regular basis.
- Last year we had 3 outings with the vets and volunteers
- Zak’s Landing located in Riverton, CT
- Limestone Trout Club located in New Canaan, CT
- Dr. Schildgen’s Pond located in Litchfield. CT
AN URGENT CALL FOR INSTRUCTIONAL VCR TAPES AND DVDs – If you have any instructional VCR tapes or DVDs on fishing and/or fly tying subjects, please consider donating them for the program to use!